- Establishment of The Special Act on the Assistance to the Development of Abandoned Mines-Neighboring Areas for the economic revival of mine regions abandoned as a result of the decline of the mining industry.
- The fostering of the tourism business as an alternative to the coal mining business in a bid Special Act regarding the to revitalize the local economy of the abandoned mine region.
- Establishment of the casino, which is open to Koreans, in the most financially impoverished region (Sabuk-eup, Gangwon-do Province)
- Extension of the period of limitation until December 31, 2025 under a revision of The Special Act on the Assistance to the Development of Abandoned Mines-Neighboring Areas
- Current Status of Business Facilities
- Kangwonland Hotel 477 rooms, Convention Hotel 250 rooms, High1 Hotel 197 rooms, High1 Condominium 903 rooms
- Kangwonland Casino (200 tables, 1,360 units of machines)
- High1 C.C 18 Holes (Public course)
- High1 Ski (Ski slopes 18, lift 6, Gondola system 3)
|Corporate registration number
||Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
|Basis of Establishment
||The Special Act regarding the Assistance to the Development of Abandoned Mines-Neighboring Areas and the Commercial Act
|Main Functions and Roles
- Vitalization of the Local Economy of the Abandoned Mine Region
- To achieve balanced development between local regions and increase residents’ revenues in the abandoned mine region by promoting the stagnant local economy resulting from the decline of the mining industry. (I.e. creation of jobs for local residents, priority purchase of local products, reinforcement of constructors’ participation rate, fostering of locally-connected businesses through outsourcing, provision of support for local small business owners, expansion of local finance, etc.)
- Promotion of Social Welfare in the Abandoned Mine Region
- To implement various projects including the establishment of the Social Contribution Committee, operation of the Kangwon Land Welfare Foundation, social volunteer group activities, and local cooperation projects among the four neighboring cities and counties.
- Establishment of a Wholesome Casino Culture
- To conduct counseling and healing activities related to gambling addiction through the Gambling Addiction Center.
- Development of the area as a tourism center by connecting Kangwon Land with the abandoned mine region, and improvement of the national competitiveness of the tourism industry
||Fair and transparent public management, creative management for the future, and happy management that satisfies everyone.
||Sabuk-ri 424, Sabuk-eup, Jeongsun-gun, Gangwon-do
|Head of an organization
||Ham seung-huie (2014.11.13~2017.11.12 )
Head of Daejeon District Attorney’s office
- Representative Lawyer at Daeyook & Aju Law Firm
- 16th member of the National Assembly
- Chairman of Orae Forum